The XIGMATEK HDT-SD964
Topside, there isn't much going on. The fins are straight as an arrow and the heatpipes are pretty conventional.
A look at the side shows the same thing; many of the newer heatsinks we have looked at bend the fins to raise surface area, but the HDT-SD964 uses perfectly flat fins.
A look at the other side; now with the fan installed. I really like the way XIGMATEK mounts their fans. The rubber piece acts as a buffer between the fan and the fins eliminating all noise caused by vibration. It is best to mount the fan before installing the heatsink to the motherboard, since you will need to pull the rubber through the fan.
Here we see the front of the fan after being installed on the heatsink.
Here we see where the action is really at. The base of the cooler places the heatpipes where they come in contact with the processor directly. This eliminates the need for heat to be passed through a layer of metal before being taken to the fins.
The top side of the base has four tracks cut for installing the cooler to AMD processors. At first I thought it would be possible to mount the cooler either way, but the heatpipes get in the way of mounting the cooler one direction.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The XIGMATEK HDT-SD964]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Seagate announce its new Enterprise Datasphere Fleet
- Warhammer: Vermintide 2 gameplay trailer released
- NZXT introduce the GRID+ V3 fan controller
- Seagate introduce Seagate Secure security features
- NZXT announce their all-new H Series cases
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz