The XIGMATEK HDT-SD964
Topside, there isn't much going on. The fins are straight as an arrow and the heatpipes are pretty conventional.
A look at the side shows the same thing; many of the newer heatsinks we have looked at bend the fins to raise surface area, but the HDT-SD964 uses perfectly flat fins.
A look at the other side; now with the fan installed. I really like the way XIGMATEK mounts their fans. The rubber piece acts as a buffer between the fan and the fins eliminating all noise caused by vibration. It is best to mount the fan before installing the heatsink to the motherboard, since you will need to pull the rubber through the fan.
Here we see the front of the fan after being installed on the heatsink.
Here we see where the action is really at. The base of the cooler places the heatpipes where they come in contact with the processor directly. This eliminates the need for heat to be passed through a layer of metal before being taken to the fins.
The top side of the base has four tracks cut for installing the cooler to AMD processors. At first I thought it would be possible to mount the cooler either way, but the heatpipes get in the way of mounting the cooler one direction.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The XIGMATEK HDT-SD964]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- IO Interactive opens Swedish studio to work on new franchise
- New Dragon Ball Z action RPG in development
- Resident Evil 2 Remake demo impressions
- Ghostbusters 3 set for Summer 2020, teaser trailer released
- EA cancelled new Star Wars game to work on smaller project
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Nokia's Service Operations Center powers Telefonica UK's drive towards customer-centric operations
- Black Desert Online's Battle Royale mode enters Early Access today
- Roblox hires British online safety expert Laura Higgins to lead new digital civility initiative
- HyperX Announces 2019 We're All Gamers Ad Campaign Including Celebrity Influencers Post Malone, Gordon Hayward, Joel Embiid, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Pokimane, Shroud, Daigo, De'Aaron Fox and Rush
- Macrotis: A Mother's Journey Releases this upcoming February 8th!