With a trio of heatpipe direct touch CPU cooler reviews under our belts, I can definitively say that the tech is quickly catching on and spreading like wildfire. I am standing strong behind my statement from the last review of a H.D.T. cooler that I think this is the direction most CPU heatsinks will go in the future; much like the way nearly all CPU coolers use heatpipes nowadays.
Until a few weeks ago I was unaware that the OCZ Vendetta was the first H.D.T. cooler available in the United States. I do remember being shown the cooler at CES a couple of years back, but at the time my focus was reviewing graphics cards. The big story at the time from OCZ was the Cryo-Z, so the Vendetta flew under my radar. XIGMATEK played a major role in the Vendetta and Vendetta II, the follow up product by OCZ. They are the makers of the technology and 'till this point have been quietly manufacturing units for other companies.
Fast forward to 2008 and things are starting to change. XIGMATEK is looking to stake their claim on the enthusiast cooler market and are now ready to release a line of products to the global market. XIGMATEK coolers are starting to appear at Newegg, Directron and a couple of other major U.S. e-tail shops with more to come.
Today we are going to take a look at the HDT-SD964 from XIGMATEK. Unlike all of the Heatpipe Direct Touch (H.D.T.) coolers we have looked at thus far, this cooler does not use a 120mm fan. The HDT-SD964 uses a 92mm fan and is a little shorter than the others. This will allow the cooler to be placed in smaller enclosures like 4U server chassis' and equal sized media center cases.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The XIGMATEK HDT-SD964]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Working at Treyarch is a 'nightmare' thanks to brutal crunch
- Tariffs to raise console prices, disrupt entire industry
- Rick & Morty season 4 episode premier at Adult Swim Festival
- Zelda Link's Awakening new cameo Ocarina of Time footage
- Popular gaming YouTuber Etika found dead in Manhattan River
- Synology DS419 Slim Four-Bay NAS Review
- P8P67 Deluxe Problem
- Silverstone Primera SST-PM02B-G Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- X399 AORUS Extreme - Threadripper 2990wx; memory issues
- TPLink Archer A6 Wireless Router Review
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries to Acquire Canadair Regional Jet Program from Bombardier Inc.
- LG To Expand Partnership With QT On Next Generation Embedded Devices Running Webos
- Next-Gen Battle Royale Ring of Elysium Officially Launches on Steam
- Versus Evil Steam Summer Sale
- TRENDnet Adds ERPS to Industrial Managed Network Switches