With the package out of the way, it's time to check out the card. Really, there isn't a whole lot going on that we haven't seen before. With most companies choosing to currently use the reference heatsink fan combination, there isn't a whole lot to look at thanks to it completely covering the card from top to bottom and around the back.
As you would expect, the only thing GIGABYTE has done with it is place a sticker on the main bit of the card showing us the model and the brand along with another sticker on the fan that lets us know what brand the card is again.
Looking around the card, we have two 6-Pin PCI Express connectors located at the back which differs to the GTX 280 with its single 6-Pin and 8-Pin connectors. Across the other end of the card we also have our SLI connectors which let us have up to three of these cards running together in a Tri SLI setup.
The I/O department is really very similar to that of the GTX 280. Along with the TV-Out port we have two Dual-Link DVI connectors and in the second slot a bunch of vents that help let the hot air escape the card and move out the back of your system.
Following on with the whole reference design, the card does of course come with reference clocks. This puts the core at 576MHz, the shader clock at 1242MHz and the 896MB of GDDR3 memory at 1998MHz DDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]