The GIGABYTE HD 4850, like every other reference design HD 4850 carries with it good performance and an excellent price to performance ratio. We can see against the mid-range 9600 GT at the lower resolution there isn't much difference. As we increase the load on the card by upping the resolution or turning on AA and AF, the HD 4850 really begins to shine against the competition.
Inside the package we have everything we need, from a Crossfire bridge to a DVI to HDMI adapter. It would have been nice to have seen a full version game included in the package, but it doesn't seem to be something that many ATI partners are doing at the moment.
If you're looking for a good valued HD 4850 that goes fast and doesn't cost much money, the GIGABYTE HD 4850 is a good choice. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but this helps keep price down and means that you can enjoy high frame rates at a decent resolution for a good price.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:27 pm CDT
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]