The new Phenom on the block
We have already covered the ins and outs of the K10 architecture in the past, so we won't go into that this time. If you want to know more about it, please visit our B3 stepping review.
AMD, for the most part really hasn't thought a great deal about the Phenom line of processors. While recycling is good (X3), it escapes us as to where exactly the 9350e is supposed to fit in? - Being a quad core part does have its advantages on paper of having four simultaneous thread executions, but we haven't really seen too many applications to date taking full advantage of this. Next is the clock speed; at 2GHz, it's not going to be the fastest thing on the market. Lastly, we have the price, which we hoped would be its savior coming into the market. However, it costs more than the most powerful X3 processor which is clocked in at 2.4GHz.
While it's beyond us, AMD really has big plans in energy efficient computing. This is where the X4 9350 fits into the picture; part of the same line that the Athlon 4850e we tested fits into as well.
Due to the nature of AMD's architectural design, there is little that can be added to an AM2+ CPU apart from instructions or die shrinks. No new memory changes can be made due to the on-die nature of the memory controller.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The New Recruit]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Everest]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 4]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 10 [Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo's '2nd Unit Set' for the Switch is dockless, $230
- Resident Evil 2 remake: RE7 engine, 4K 60FPS on PS4 Pro
- Fortnite made almost $300 million in April
- Rum Runner's Pack free DLC debuts to Pillars of Eternity 2
- New Battlerite Royale screenshots unveil UI/more gameplay
- best value budget upgrade path
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit