The new Phenom on the block
We have already covered the ins and outs of the K10 architecture in the past, so we won't go into that this time. If you want to know more about it, please visit our B3 stepping review.
AMD, for the most part really hasn't thought a great deal about the Phenom line of processors. While recycling is good (X3), it escapes us as to where exactly the 9350e is supposed to fit in? - Being a quad core part does have its advantages on paper of having four simultaneous thread executions, but we haven't really seen too many applications to date taking full advantage of this. Next is the clock speed; at 2GHz, it's not going to be the fastest thing on the market. Lastly, we have the price, which we hoped would be its savior coming into the market. However, it costs more than the most powerful X3 processor which is clocked in at 2.4GHz.
While it's beyond us, AMD really has big plans in energy efficient computing. This is where the X4 9350 fits into the picture; part of the same line that the Athlon 4850e we tested fits into as well.
Due to the nature of AMD's architectural design, there is little that can be added to an AM2+ CPU apart from instructions or die shrinks. No new memory changes can be made due to the on-die nature of the memory controller.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The New Recruit]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Everest]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 4]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 10 [Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- Final Fantasy XV DLC continues into 2019
- IBM's Watson AI might be coming to a game near you
- Sonic movie set for 2019
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit