Opening the box up and pulling the card out, we notice that the card looks very similar to most mid-range Palit cards with the big gold / orange cooler taking up most of the card.
Around the heatsink we can see another plate that goes over the memory and another heatsink towards the back of the card that keeps some of the other warmer components cooler.
Like the GIGABYTE 9800 GT, we have a single PCI Express power connector towards the back of the card and across the top a single PCI Express connector. While it was rumored that the 9800 GT would support Tri-SLI, we can see the fact that we only have a single SLI connector here, meaning it's not possible.
Over in the I/O department we can see our two Dual Link DVI connectors and single TV-Out port. We can also see that while the card does take up two slots, it uses a larger bracket to help exhaust some of the hot air out of the case instead of letting it float around inside.
As we've already mentioned a few times, the Sonic model is of course overclocked. The core has gone from 600MHz to 650MHz, shader from 1500MHz to 1625MHz and the 512MB of GDDR3 goes from 1800MHz DDR to 1900MHz DDR.
Last updated: Nov 15, 2019 at 01:16 pm CST
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]