With the package out the way, it's time to move onto the card which doesn't look like anything too special. Leadtek have quite a large cooler on the card. Fortunately, it does only take up a single slot which again isn't really a surprise for a low-end card.
What's interesting is just how mean the card is. Cards in the x500 GT naming scheme tend to look quite small and use really boring coolers, but this card doesn't look bad considering how low-end it is.
Like most low-end cards, we don't have any need for external power so all we have that stands out on the PCB is a single SLI connector located in the standard position across the top of the card.
It's interesting to see the card carry with it two Dual Link DVI connectors instead of a single one and a VGA port. Apart from the two DVI connectors, we also have a single TV-Out port.
The 9500 GT is far from a power house and the specifications really paint that picture. While initially based on a 65nm design, NVIDIA will make the jump to 55nm at a later date. We have 314 million transistors, 32 stream processors, 8 ROPs and 16 texture filters.
The core comes in at 550MHz, the shader 1400MHz and the 512MB of GDDR3 memory at 1600MHz DDR on a 128-bit memory bus. 256MB and GDDR2 offerings are available so make sure you keep an eye out as to which type you're getting.
It should be mentioned here that there is an updated PhysX driver due to be released on August 5th which will bring full support for the 9500 GT as well as all other GeForce 8 and GeForce 9 series cards.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:27 pm CDT
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]