The GELID compound comes in a 5 gram syringe applicator tube, which offers more of the compound for your dollars. Most come with only between 3-4 grams as a rule. It also comes with a small plastic spatula for spreading the compound on larger surface areas. There is a bit of advertising on the spatula, but that is to be expected.
The compound itself is a light colored concoction and has a very smooth consistency. It is not so thin as to be runny at all, but it isn't too thick to spread. Whether you use a spreading technique or place a dollop in the middle of the heat spreader and attach the HSF, the compound will spread evenly and give a solid barrier between the core and the sink.
GC-1 also does not consist of any metal particles so is electrically non-conductive. This is a great benefit for those wanting to address high temperatures for the graphics cores and processors. If you happen to get a little in the wrong place, simply clean it off and you won't have to worry about crossing those trace lines. Like many of the newer family of thermal compounds, GC-1 does not require any cure time. This is a plus for those who want to overclock their system. Also of note is that the formula being used in this compound lasts for a very long time without breaking down. According to literature and the GELID web site, this compound only needs to be replaced about once every ten years.
All right, so now that we know a little about this new goop, it is time to answer the really important question; how does handle processor temperatures?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Resident Evil 2 Remake demo impressions
- Ghostbusters 3 set for Summer 2020, teaser trailer released
- EA cancelled new Star Wars game to work on smaller project
- Far Cry New Dawn official PC requirements released
- 2K and NBA to smooth over $1b rights extension deal
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Nokia's Service Operations Center powers Telefonica UK's drive towards customer-centric operations
- Black Desert Online's Battle Royale mode enters Early Access today
- Roblox hires British online safety expert Laura Higgins to lead new digital civility initiative
- HyperX Announces 2019 We're All Gamers Ad Campaign Including Celebrity Influencers Post Malone, Gordon Hayward, Joel Embiid, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Pokimane, Shroud, Daigo, De'Aaron Fox and Rush
- Macrotis: A Mother's Journey Releases this upcoming February 8th!