The 9600GT and 9600 GSO continue to remain extremely close in pricing. The thing is that while the 9600 GT is 20% more expensive than the GSO, it's only $20 AUD more. However, the 9600GT for the most part is really only 10% faster than the 9600 GT.
The 9600GT does have the added advantage of extra memory, but you could get the 768MB version of the GSO which has more memory than the 9600GT and for roughly the same price; give or take $5.
It's all very confusing really. If you throw overclocking into the mix, the 9600 GSO is able to outperform the 9600GT for the most part. So what do you buy? - On a whole, the 9600 GSO is actually a pretty good buy. Like we said, it's 20% cheaper and only 10% slower than the 9600GT. If you feel like spending some extra dollars, however, you could go the 9600GT or even the 9600 GSO 768MB if you love lots of memory.
All in all, the 9600 GSO ZOTAC card is a good card and represents some excellent value for money. Performance on the most part is only just behind the 9600GT and availability on the model is good as well. If you want to do a bit of mid-res gaming and don't have a load of money to spend, the 9600 GSO is going to be a good choice.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo reveal Diablo III: Eternal Collection Switch bundle
- Black Ops 4 physical sales down 50% compared WWII
- Mega Man 11 only had around 40 developers in the team
- Fortnite leak showcases a soon to be released gifting system
- A re-introduction into Old School RuneScape: New/Old players
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ryzen 1600x, temps, spikes and normal workload
- Which modern Z370 ATX motherboards are most reliable? Seeking advice
- Zombidle: Fun With Surgery Is An Update With A Lot of Guts
- Theia Wallet Announced the 1.0 Version Beta Test, Supports BTC
- Orion Health launches Amadeus CORE to help healthcare sector leverage data analytics and machine learning
- Epson Booth to Feature Partners with latest POS Solutions at Money20/20
- Raybaby announces launch on Amazon