AUTO mode is simple enough to get to grips with in this unit, but sometimes you need to override the defaults and push a little more air based on the temperature readings.
Easy to do! Leave it in AUTO mode and hit fan select to cycle the fans you want to adjust. Then use the up/down arrows to set the desired RPM and wait for it to adjust.
If you have a desire to go fully manual, you just hit the MODE button and manually manage fan speeds yourself. They will not adjust depending on temperature.
Also included in this unit is a large time and date display which is a nice touch to fill the remaining space on the LCD. The colour scheme is a winner as well, with the predominately blue option and the other colours only adding tastefully to the detailing.
This unit performs exceptionally and the temperature reports are in line with the reports from the motherboards where the thermistors for CPU and GPU are much closer to the cores than I can place the NZXT thermistors, But that still does not affect the way the Sentry LX works; it uses the air temperatures to adjust air flow. The core thermistors are more for the hardware to tell if the cores are getting too hot and need to be throttled back before they are damaged.
The NZXT Sentry LX is sleek, functional and easy to use. If you are looking for fan and temperature control, then look no further.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shows off Switch VR kits in action
- Anthem made $3.5 million in microtransactions
- Nintendo's top 10 best-selling Indie titles on the Switch
- Official Assassin's Creed III Remastered PC specs revealed
- Streamer beats 5 Soulsborne games with no hits by enemies
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- ASUS Prime X-470 Pro very long POST / Windows boot time
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced