The Package and Memory Modules
First off we start with the package that Corsair ships their memory in. Now, I can tell a few are thinking "not another personal injury blister pack". Thankfully, I can assure you it isn't. This one splits down the sides easily; no tools required, making it a hospital free product. You can also clearly see the modules through the packaging, so no need for a colour photo.
On the back, Corsair has put a detailed picture on how its DHX memory heatsinks work in order to reduce the temperature of the memory. Extra layers are added to cool the PCB and the memory chips, not just the chips like some other companies do.
Upon removing the modules, one thing is for sure, they are large and they are heavy. The extra DHX fins on the top give it the extra height while the extra layers to cool the PCB make it heavier than most DRAM modules on the market. But this isn't a bad thing as it's guaranteed to help keep things cool.
Being the DHX series, you can separately purchase the DHX fan that sits atop the modules with 3x40mm fans to cool the modules. We happen to have one of these on hand, so we will be testing with the fan and without.
On one side of each of the modules, Corsair has its own sticker that has the company logo, model of the modules, and its timing info. In our case, we were sent a dual channel kit of 4GB; each module was 2GB density with timings of 9-9-9-24 at 1600MHz and 1.8v.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Everest]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our out-of-this-world 'Valerian' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Intel's new XMM 7660 LTE modem: 1.6Gbps speeds on your phone
- Skyrim on Switch runs at native 900p resolution while docked
- THQ Nordic grabs Biomutant game rights and developer
- EA: Live services are a predictable, evolving business
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- need advice for replacing 4 washable air filter for my pc-b25s
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ