Aeneon is one of the newest entrants into the memory market, and it's definitely a cut throat world. Overclocking depends on a number of factors. First and foremost is a CPU that can handle the increase in speed; AMD has dropped the ball here with the Phenom, but Intel's Core 2 Duo 45nm range fits the bill just right.
Next is a good chipset, and there are a few out there; mostly Intel at that. P35 has proven to be the best so far, and X38 does the job for the average overclocker, but not for enthusiasts. P45 is set to be the next big thing, but that's still up in the air for us at this early stage.
Lastly, you need a good set of memory modules; this is where things really hang. With companies like OCZ, Corsair and Kingston already with a name for producing some of the highest clocking memory modules, it's hard to start up a new memory company aimed at enthusiasts, but Aeneon really hasn't let this stop them.
XTune is their brand of enthusiast level memory modules. While our first encounter with the XTune was less than fantastic, we don't reject companies from coming back with new products to try out. Today we have the newest addition, being a DDR2 package. That's right; DDR2 still lives and it's definitely not going anywhere soon.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Everest]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Kevin Smith announces 'He-Man' TV series that continues from the 80's
- ASUS launches RUG Gaming X3 Radeon RX 5700 series graphics cards
- Respawn calls Apex Legends players 'ass-hats' and 'freeloaders'
- Brain stimulation headset will help treat your depression for $500
- Super Mario Bros. The Movie deleted scene released, because why not
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Vulcan X OC-V Review
- BIOS 5.40 Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4
- Problems during Start Up
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director