Aeneon is one of the newest entrants into the memory market, and it's definitely a cut throat world. Overclocking depends on a number of factors. First and foremost is a CPU that can handle the increase in speed; AMD has dropped the ball here with the Phenom, but Intel's Core 2 Duo 45nm range fits the bill just right.
Next is a good chipset, and there are a few out there; mostly Intel at that. P35 has proven to be the best so far, and X38 does the job for the average overclocker, but not for enthusiasts. P45 is set to be the next big thing, but that's still up in the air for us at this early stage.
Lastly, you need a good set of memory modules; this is where things really hang. With companies like OCZ, Corsair and Kingston already with a name for producing some of the highest clocking memory modules, it's hard to start up a new memory company aimed at enthusiasts, but Aeneon really hasn't let this stop them.
XTune is their brand of enthusiast level memory modules. While our first encounter with the XTune was less than fantastic, we don't reject companies from coming back with new products to try out. Today we have the newest addition, being a DDR2 package. That's right; DDR2 still lives and it's definitely not going anywhere soon.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Everest]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Acer Predator X27: 4K 144Hz HDR G-Sync f or $1999 on June 1
- Paradox Interactive announce Imperator: Rome, trailer reveal
- Resident Evil 7 will debut to Nintendo Switch, only in Japan
- Overwatch director hints at cross-platform opportunities
- Deadpool 2 fails to beat Deadpool's opening weekend revenue
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Photo Backup and Build your own cloud with Synology
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit