ASRock uses the same Award BIOS layout that ASUS uses; the same tab menu system with the grey background. I personally find this BIOS a bit daunting as you have to go looking through quite a few sub menus to locate all the overclocking features, which can be annoying compared to companies like GIGABYTE and MSI who have them all in one menu.
In order to find the overclocking settings you have to navigate to the Advanced tab and sift though about four sub menus to find all the tweaking options; not a productive layout.
CPU Frequency: 150MHz - 500MHz in 1MHz Increments
PCIe Frequency: 75MHz to 200MHz in 1MHz Increments
CPU Voltage: 0.0v to 1.55v in 0.0125v Increments
NB Voltage: 0.0v to 1.55v in 0.0125v Increments
DRAM Voltage: 1.8v to 2.2v in 0.1v Increments
Chipset Core Voltage: 1.1v - 1.2v in o.1v Increments
PCIe Voltage: Auto - 1.8 or 1.9v
While having a few options on the board, the AMD 780G chipset didn't yield much luck. In fact, speeds above 210MHz were impossible due to limited multiplier control of the Upstream and Downstream links. So, overclocking was eliminated from these tests.
We must stress however that this board is not a performance piece, but is aimed at the HTPC and Digital Home environments where silence is the key and digital content is the aim.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking, or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 12 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overwatch two-year anniversary skins and patch notes reveal
- Human Head Studios release Rune: Ragarok gameplay video
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: Donkey Kong Adventure unveil
- Hi-Rez Studios fires art contractor for copied Overwatch art
- Unreal is free for 2 days to celebrate its 20th anniversary
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit