Millions of computer enthusiasts all over the world use WinRAR, it is pretty popular with Joe Sixpack also.
Recently we changed the protocol for the WinRAR test to get around processor limitations. By using the Store Compression Method, we eased the demands on the processor and left it to the hard disks to prove their performance.
The tests files were also changed. The Vista and XP Tests take a folder on the drive or array being tested with the retail Vista DVD or Windows XP CD data and compresses it into a single file on the same disk or array. The 1.44 tests compress the original folder into separate 1.44 MB files. For Vista this comes out to over 3000 files. The files will later be used for transfer tests.
Everything here is perfect, just as you would expect. RAID 5 has a difficult time with the 50% read / write split and the small 1.44 MB files, but as stated previously, if you are using drives like this then go ahead and take the RAID 0 plunge or splurge a little and go RAID 10 - you deserve it.
Using the files make in the compression tests we transferred the files using the copy / paste method going from one folder on the drive or array to another.
It is like a chorus line from a popular song; Areca beats NVIDIA and RAID 0 is just awesome with the Samsung SATA-II drives.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Samsung MCBQE32G5MPP-0VA00]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro - Read]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro - Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Everest - Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Real World Applications]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sharkoon release the S1000 Micro-ATX case range
- FSP release 2000W dedicated mining power supply
- Black Friday sales sees Oculus Rift down to just $349
- Elon Musk receives approval for tunnel under LA
- Samsung could unveil the Galaxy S9 at CES 2018 in January
- Jaybird X3 Wireless Earbud Review
- ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Bluetooth
- ALiveNF6G-VSTA motherboard: squematic and dump BIOS
- Asrock H97m Pro4 BSOD installing Vega56
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ