Millions of computer enthusiasts all over the world use WinRAR, it is pretty popular with Joe Sixpack also.
Recently we changed the protocol for the WinRAR test to get around processor limitations. By using the Store Compression Method, we eased the demands on the processor and left it to the hard disks to prove their performance.
The tests files were also changed. The Vista and XP Tests take a folder on the drive or array being tested with the retail Vista DVD or Windows XP CD data and compresses it into a single file on the same disk or array. The 1.44 tests compress the original folder into separate 1.44 MB files. For Vista this comes out to over 3000 files. The files will later be used for transfer tests.
Everything here is perfect, just as you would expect. RAID 5 has a difficult time with the 50% read / write split and the small 1.44 MB files, but as stated previously, if you are using drives like this then go ahead and take the RAID 0 plunge or splurge a little and go RAID 10 - you deserve it.
Using the files make in the compression tests we transferred the files using the copy / paste method going from one folder on the drive or array to another.
It is like a chorus line from a popular song; Areca beats NVIDIA and RAID 0 is just awesome with the Samsung SATA-II drives.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Samsung MCBQE32G5MPP-0VA00]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro - Read]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro - Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Everest - Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Real World Applications]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GTA 5 yanked from NVIDIA's GeForce Now streaming service
- The Clone Wars season 7 coming February 2020 on Disney+
- The Mandalorian's new trailer is like a Star Wars western
- Obi-Wan show confirmed for Disney+, Ewan McGregor to star
- Spears return to Elder Scrolls in new Morrowind remaster mod Skywind
- Lian Li TU150 Mini-ITX Chassis Review
- SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Headset Review
- Seagate Gears 5TB Game Drive Review
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Snooker 19, the first official snooker game in a generation, is out now on Nintendo Switch
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator VR will debut in August
- Leyou Technologies Announces 2019 Interim Results
- Thermaltake A700 Aluminum Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis Now Available Simplicity Creates Its Own Path
- 2019 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 Brings Twelve Top Modders Worldwide Together for the New Creation of the Core P5 V2 Chassis Battle for the Best