Even though SilenX is coming from a Chinese ODM manufacturer, SilenX is doing a good job making the design their own by attaching an attractive top and including a high quality fan. The fin design allowing the use of two fans is also a nice feature for those looking to push their CPU with overclocking.
The cost is the only drawback for the IXC-120HA2. At nearly 60 US Dollars, it costs more than double the ZEROtherm Zen FZ120; our current price/performance leader. The IXC-120HA2 does perform better, but you are going to pay a premium for it.
Now that we have tested two direct contact CPU coolers, it is clear that the first test was more than a fluke and that this technology will give a CPU cooler an instant performance boost. I am sure that direct contact coolers will eventually become as common as heatpipe coolers. SilenX got in on the ground floor and will no doubt continue to be a leader evolving the technology, making them a company to keep an eye on.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox saves work with Final Fantasy XV on PC
- Luigi's Balloon World/new outfits for Super Mario Odyssey
- Nintendo Switch adds another 18 new games in a week
- Paladins remove their loot box system after community uproar
- New Battlefield title will be available at EA PLAY 2018
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Ryzen (1000-Series) Overclocking Guide
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit