Deja vu; the cooler is neatly identical to the SBT CCF, only the fins appear to be different.
From the side the differences start to stand out, you can see the channel in the fins that allow for two fans to be installed, one on each side of the fins.
Here we see that the pipes go all of the way to the top of the coole,r but they don't protrude past the top fin.
From the top you can see that the top fin is also a cover for the heatpipes. In the past I heard from several case modders that they would love to get rid of unsightly heatpipes sticking out of the top of their coolers.
With the fan installed you can see that the fins do not stick out past the fan much. Also, the fan is a little unconventional; the fins protrude into the center circular hub to grab just a little bit more air.
The cooler uses the wire hanger method and SilenX includes enough hangers to mount two fans on the cooler.
Here we see the meat and potatoes of the cooler, the contact area. As you can see, heatpipes do not polish up well but our previous testing proved that it didn't matter too much for performance. I am still amazed at how flat the base actually is and the heatpipe to aluminium alignment.
The aluminium is there to secure the mounting mechanism to the cooler. From the factory it is setup for both Intel and AMD operation since the same bracket is used for both.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm the first to test 5G, debuts 5G reference phone
- Marvel unleashes the official trailer to Black Panther
- Overwatch now has over 35 million players
- Battlegrounds' update adds vaulting, climbing to testers
- DOOM will be out on Nintendo Switch on November 10
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- Seagate To Participate In Consortium Led By Bain Capital Private Equity To Acquire Toshiba Memory Corporation
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard