Package and Contents
Being a server class product, we aren't expecting much in terms of the external boxes. After all, most of these purchases are done by companies with IT managers who know what they are after already. However, Areca does go for a nice looking box for the enthusiast who wants this card. On the front there is a picture showing the two different PCB versions available.
Since the front had the photos of the products, the back is dedicated to a huge array of features and specs. In fact, they are the exact same specs we have listed on our specifications page.
For a RAID controller, the users manual that is supplied is like a phone book. Areca uses one manual for all the different variants of the same card, depending on how many ports it has. The Driver CD included has Windows XP, Server, Vista and quite a few different variants of the Linux OS drivers onboard; so whatever you're running, you should find the driver on this CD.
Rather than using a huge amount of SATA ports along the PCB, Areca has cheated and used MiniSAS ports. Each MiniSAS port supports four drives, and three special cables are included for the 12 drive support this card has.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry 5 tops game sales for March 2018
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus comes to Switch, June 29
- LG's new G7 ThinQ brings the stupid notch from iPhone X
- H1Z1 is locked at 60FPS on the PS4 Pro
- Ohio university gives scholarships to best Fortnite players
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit