Moving into the BIOS; ZOTAC has used the Award 6 BIOS that NVIDIA recommends, and like NVIDIA's reference board, the layout of the features and settings are identical.
To get to the overclocking functions you need to go to the Advanced Chipset Features menu, from there you can access four separate sub menus that hold the overclocking systems.
FSB (QDR): 400 - 2800 in 1MHz Increments
Mem (DDR): 400 - 2500 in 1MHz Increments
PCIe x16_1 & x16_1: 100MHz to 200MHz in 1MHz Increments
PCIe x16_3: 100MHz to 200MHz in 1MHz Increments
SPP to MCP Ref Clock: 200MHz to 500MHz in 1MHz Increments
CPU Core: 0.5125v to 2.0v in 0.0125v increments
CPU FSB: 1.2v to 1.55v in 0.05v increments
Memory: 1.5v to 2.275v in 0.025v Increments
nForce SPP: 1.3v to 1.55v in 0.05v increments
nForce MCP: 1.5v to 1.75v in 0.05v increments
GLTVRef Lane 0: -155mV to +155mV in 0.05mv increments
GLTVRef Lane 1: -155mV to +155mV in 0.05mv increments
GLTVRef Lane 2: -155mV to +155mV in 0.05mv increments
GLTVRef Lane 3: -155mV to +155mV in 0.05mv increments
With all the overclocking options in the BIOS available to us, we managed to hit a healthy 556MHz FSB. However, we did have to adjust every voltage in the system to rather high levels, including the GLTREFLANE voltages. This means we did hit the wall at the 550MHz level.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking, or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 4 [Inside the Box Continued]
- Page 5 [The Motherboard]
- Page 6 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 14 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Epic Games teams with Funko for Fortnite Pop! figurines
- Samsung's next-gen foldable smartphone to launch early 2019
- Microsoft teases 'all-new Xbox hardware' at Gamescom 2018
- TSMC expecting Q4 2018 growth from next-gen GPUs from NVIDIA
- Borderlands 3 may still be a ways off
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit