Word on the GT200 has been floating around for a while now, and we've seen a number of leaked benchmarks all over the world wide interweb. With the NDA being lifted, it's time to check out what exactly is going on with the new card.
The particular card we're looking at today is from ZOTAC and is the AMP! Edition, which as you may have guessed is an overclocked model. Speculation on the GTX 280 has been all over the place with word that performance is up to 50% faster than the 9800 GX2.
What we will be doing today is checking out exactly how much faster the new GTX 280 is when compared to the 9800 GX2, along with seeing how it compares against the top of the range AMD offering; the HD 3870 X2. For further good measure, we'll also try it against one of the better valued for money NVIDIA cards at the moment; the 9800 GTX.
Before we get into the benchmarks, we will check out exactly what ZOTAC has done with the GTX 280 package along with a look at the specifications of the card and how it differs to the higher end 9800 offerings from NVIDIA at the moment.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Jedi: Fallen Order still doesn't look like a Metroidvania
- Tons of new Cyberpunk 2077 details revealed
- Cyberpunk 2077 isn't locked to heterosexual romances
- Cyberpunk 2077 PS4 theme is pretty bad
- Dragon Ball Super: Broly sequel in rumored preparation
- Silverstone Primera SST-PM02B-G Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- X399 AORUS Extreme - Threadripper 2990wx; memory issues
- TPLink Archer A6 Wireless Router Review
- Silicon Power Bolt B75 Pro Portable SSD Review
- Seagate Backup Plus Portable 4TB Review
- Colt Canyon Developer Shoot Out
- Polyarc Expands the Story of Moss, Unlocks Portals to the 'Twilight Garden' - a New Chapter of Gameplay
- PixelNAUTS Games To Launch LOST ORBIT: Terminal Velocity July 16th on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and Steam
- NEC and Samsung Enhance Global Sales Structure for 5G Solutions
- Sharkoon Gaming DAC Pro S