With good temperatures, quiet operation and the ability to cool secondary components, the Thermaltake DuOrb is a good CPU cooler for those looking to overclock a dual-core processor to respectable levels. Quad-Core processors can also overclock with this cooler, but to a lesser extent. Don't get me wrong, the DuOrb is a performer, but we have seen a couple of other coolers in this price range, around 65 US Dollars that can perform better. The sheer mass of the cooler does allow temperatures to stay consistent at idle and full load; a big plus for overclockers.
The dual 80mm fans are quiet for an enthusiast class cooler. I would have liked to have seen the fans scale a little higher in terms of RPM. This would allow the cooler to move into the outrageous cooling class, but this would have increased the acoustic footprint and put more load on the motherboards built in power circuitry.
Aside from good cooling, the DuOrb will look good with the DuOrb VGA cooler and it is easy for me to recommend both products if you are running a system with a clear case side. Both DuOrb products really complement each other in both looks and performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Black Ops 4 physical sales down 50% compared WWII
- Mega Man 11 only had around 40 developers in the team
- Fortnite leak showcases a soon to be released gifting system
- A re-introduction into Old School RuneScape: New/Old players
- COD: Black Ops 4 launch day sales on PC up 100% over 2017
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ryzen 1600x, temps, spikes and normal workload
- Which modern Z370 ATX motherboards are most reliable? Seeking advice
- Zombidle: Fun With Surgery Is An Update With A Lot of Guts
- Theia Wallet Announced the 1.0 Version Beta Test, Supports BTC
- Orion Health launches Amadeus CORE to help healthcare sector leverage data analytics and machine learning
- Epson Booth to Feature Partners with latest POS Solutions at Money20/20
- Raybaby announces launch on Amazon