The ProWater 850i
Thermaltake used a copper block for the PW 850i and as you can see here, the block supports several processor and motherboard types. The top mount is attached to the base with two screws making perfect CPU alignment very easy.
The base of the block has a near mirror finish that is visually smooth. The raised area in the center will allow better contact with the CPU since most processors have a slight curve on their Integrated Heat Spreader (IHS) that can reduce the amount of contact with the cooler.
The radiator uses a standard 120mm fan to push air out of the radiator. The fan uses a 4-pin Molex connector for power but also has a 3-pin motherboard fan connector for fan tachometer use only.
When mounting the radiator it is best to align it so that the water comes out of the top; this is so air does not get trapped in the radiator, reducing coolant to radiator contact.
Here you see the 120mm fan and the radiator from the side. The radiator is a single row configuration that does not take up much room inside of your system and can be easily mounted to the rear or top 120mm fan hole. You want the air to blow out of the case, this way you are not raising the ambient case temperature.
On the back side of the radiator we found a bracket that allows for easy mounting of the radiator to the case. I generally move the fan to the other side of the radiator so the fan sits between the case and radiator, giving a little cleaner appearance.
This configuration pulls air through the radiator instead of pushing it, and allows air to pass over a larger area of fins at the cost of a slower volume of air passing over. This also guarantees that all of the contaminated air exits the case instead of some of it being deflected back into the case.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Breath of the Wild Link joins Mario Kart 8 Deluxe roster
- Dragon Ball Super: Broly Movie Trailer revealed at Comic-Con
- New story trailer released for Insomniac Games' Spider-Man
- Ghost Recon Wildlands adds permadeath with 'Ghost Mode'
- Razer making Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite arcade sticks
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit