The ProWater 850i
Thermaltake used a copper block for the PW 850i and as you can see here, the block supports several processor and motherboard types. The top mount is attached to the base with two screws making perfect CPU alignment very easy.
The base of the block has a near mirror finish that is visually smooth. The raised area in the center will allow better contact with the CPU since most processors have a slight curve on their Integrated Heat Spreader (IHS) that can reduce the amount of contact with the cooler.
The radiator uses a standard 120mm fan to push air out of the radiator. The fan uses a 4-pin Molex connector for power but also has a 3-pin motherboard fan connector for fan tachometer use only.
When mounting the radiator it is best to align it so that the water comes out of the top; this is so air does not get trapped in the radiator, reducing coolant to radiator contact.
Here you see the 120mm fan and the radiator from the side. The radiator is a single row configuration that does not take up much room inside of your system and can be easily mounted to the rear or top 120mm fan hole. You want the air to blow out of the case, this way you are not raising the ambient case temperature.
On the back side of the radiator we found a bracket that allows for easy mounting of the radiator to the case. I generally move the fan to the other side of the radiator so the fan sits between the case and radiator, giving a little cleaner appearance.
This configuration pulls air through the radiator instead of pushing it, and allows air to pass over a larger area of fins at the cost of a slower volume of air passing over. This also guarantees that all of the contaminated air exits the case instead of some of it being deflected back into the case.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Red Dead Redemption 2 listed for PC
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam