Upon pulling the card out of the box, you're greeted by a very naked 9600GT as you can see below. It's weird just how light graphics cards are when there isn't a cooler attached to them. We've heard of passive cooling before, but this really takes it to the next level.
If you continue to dive into the box, you're greeted by a cooler separately along with some screws and some instructions.
What you actually do here is install the cooler yourself in a configuration that you want; if that be completely silent with the fan removed or actively cooled with the fan attached and the shroud covering it.
You don't actually need a screw driver or anything to set the card up, and within minutes you go from this :-
To this :-
With the cooler now attached and up and running, having a quick look around the card we're greeted with the single PCI Express power connector at the back of the card and a single SLI connector at the top.
With all that done, we find ourselves heading over to see what's going on in the I/O department. As usual we're greeted with two Dual Link DVI connectors and a single TV Out port. Inno3D has also opted for a classy black and gold setup which looks great.
The whole DIY nature of the cooler, while cool, does seem kind of pointless. The cooler isn't exactly large and there doesn't seem to be any real reason why the card couldn't ship with it already attached.
It also seems like something that people could just stuff up. While it's not difficult, anything could happen and it just seems to add a pointless step to the setup of your graphics card.
With that said though, it really is excellent quality and it is fun to do; we just hope that it doesn't become a trend.
With the ability to have the card running passively, we thought that it would have carried with it stock clocks; surprisingly not. The core has been bumped to 720MHz while the 512MB of GDDR3 on the card has been bumped to 1940MHz DDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 15 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit