Package and Contents
Beginning our review as we normally do, we start with the box and what it comes packed in. The ECS A780GM-A motherboard is part of the Black Series of boards from ECS; this means it comes in a new colour scheme box. On the front there is the company logo as well as the board model number, chipset and CPU support. There are no pictures of the board on the front, however.
On the back of the box ECS has gone to the full troubles of adding a large colour photo of the board for your viewing pleasure. While being a more budget conscious producer by nature, ECS knows how to market and the colour photo is one of the biggest selling aids today. This gives ECS a full mark up in our eyes.
The documentation and software is just as important as the board itself; if you don't know what you're doing, or the locations for the headers, you're going to be involved in a lot of trial and error. The User Manual supplied is rather thin, but does contain all the setup information on the board that you're going to need, this including some basics on the BIOS. A quick install sheet is included if you're the type to get straight into it, giving you header placement info along with the correct pinouts for the front panel connector. The CD included has the Windows XP and Vista Drivers needed along with some software to help get your system up and going.
As me move to the cables and additional accessories, we get a very light load here. A single IDE cable with two drive support makes up the parallel cables; no FDD cables are included. As for our SATA options, two out of five supported cables are included; this will be enough to get a single HDD and SATA ATAPI drive going, but if you're going to run a RAID setup then you'll need more cables.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- Buy:iPhone X www.BizFests.com Apple "30Pieces" 256GB $31,470
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard