ECS has been one of the biggest OEM producers out there, previously aiming at the OEM and budget markets. As of the last two years, however, things are changing with overclocking features making their way in along with new design layouts. ECS has started to produce some rather impressive boards, and while not quite at the same level as GIGABYTE and ASUS, they are still right up there in contention.
AMD's progress of late has been rather slow. With Phenom being initially delayed due to poor clocking, and then being bitten by the TLB bug in its B2 stepping core, AMD's Phenom has been a late bloomer. Although it has now come out of its shell, it's still not able to kick Intel off the performance ladder. On the upside, its price makes it affordable for owning a quad core based CPU. Furthermore, there is now a platform to fully support it; AMD already has two chipsets out and NVIDIA has four in total.
Today we are testing out ECS' AMD 780G chipset variant that is designed to replace the 690G chipset which was very popular as a value option. How does ECS' 780G compare to the ASUS 780G we have already tested? Let's take a gander.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dad makes custom Zelda/Link life-lesson present for daughter
- Google tease MAJOR gaming announcement for March 19th
- Overwatch's new Paris map is now live on all platforms
- Huawei to unveil its next-gen P30 smartphone on March 26
- Apex Legends second patch arrives, fixes stability, crashes
- Far Cry New Dawn Benchmarked: 1080p, 1440p, 4K All Tested
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- BIOSTAR B450GT3 (AMD B450) Motherboard Review
- cpu internal ac/dc load line settings and undervolding?
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure