ECS has been one of the biggest OEM producers out there, previously aiming at the OEM and budget markets. As of the last two years, however, things are changing with overclocking features making their way in along with new design layouts. ECS has started to produce some rather impressive boards, and while not quite at the same level as GIGABYTE and ASUS, they are still right up there in contention.
AMD's progress of late has been rather slow. With Phenom being initially delayed due to poor clocking, and then being bitten by the TLB bug in its B2 stepping core, AMD's Phenom has been a late bloomer. Although it has now come out of its shell, it's still not able to kick Intel off the performance ladder. On the upside, its price makes it affordable for owning a quad core based CPU. Furthermore, there is now a platform to fully support it; AMD already has two chipsets out and NVIDIA has four in total.
Today we are testing out ECS' AMD 780G chipset variant that is designed to replace the 690G chipset which was very popular as a value option. How does ECS' 780G compare to the ASUS 780G we have already tested? Let's take a gander.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 2142]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 15 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 16 [Final Thoughts]