The Thermaltake BlacX SE is everything we expected it to be, and everything Thermaltake claims it to be for that matter. As was the case with the BlacX we looked at last week, the BlacX SE is not able to transfer data as fast as native SATA, so your drives are not going to see full performance as they would when mounted inside of your PC. Hopefully Thermaltake gives us a BlacX SE eSATA version just like the BlacX does.
Currently the BlacX SE can be found for just a couple of Dollars more than the BlacX; just a hair above 40 US Dollars, even though the MSRP is close to 15 Dollars more at the MSRP level. When choosing between the BlacX (USB only version) and the BlacX SE, I would opt for the SE since it adds a little more value to the product.
The construction of both units is similar and the quality is high. The BlacX did have a small problem with light scratching on the door cover, and that is eliminated on the SE since there is not a door that covers the slots. As someone who has dropped or knocked over more than a couple of hard drives in my day (two WD Raptor 150GBs last year alone), I like the security door on the SE. If you do not like the look of the SE with the door installed, it is easily removed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Thermaltake BlacX SE]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen APU with Vega GPU leaked, but is already available
- Battlegrounds hits nearly 500,000 players on Xbox One so far
- Take-Two will publish Obsidian's new Fallout creator-led RPG
- Andriod lollipop users now have Google Assistant
- Largest stolen credential data base found to date
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series