Last week we took a close look at the Thermaltake BlacX (USB Version) and found it to be a product that many enthusiasts will not be able to live without. Thermaltake has three versions of the BlacX; USB, USB + eSATA and finally a feature rich version called the BlacX SE. The BlacX SE is for users that want to optimize every product on their desk. Convergence is key when you only have limited space.
The Thermaltake BlacX SE has everything the BlacX (USB) that we reviewed last week has, but it adds an extra feature; an integrated USB 2.0 hub. The SE version sits a little taller than the other variants and has a wider base, but the size difference isn't something you are going to notice since it is such a small amount.
We found on the previous review of the BlacX that transfer speeds were hindered due to the USB interface, and the SE version is going to suffer the same. When using the USB hub, transfer speeds will be reduced even more. Let's have a look to see what kind of performance we are looking at and if sticking to the standard BlacX is a better option.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Thermaltake BlacX SE]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Scooby-Doo's 'Shaggy' added to JUMP FORCE roster by modder
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 'Joker' stage title 'Mementos'
- Guild Wars 2 developers prep for lay-offs and restructuring
- Nintendo Switch could feature Xbox Games Pass by end of 2019
- Did Blizzard just tease the 30th hero for Overwatch?
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ti GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Realms of Arkania - Star Trail available for Xbox One
- Death Mark Coming Soon to Terrify Players on Steam
- The Way Remastered Reaches Top of Nintendo eShop EU Charts
- Batman: Arkham City for macOS updated to 64-bit
- Drop into TERA x PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Collaboration on March 5