ASUS' BIOS design has not changed. Using the Award Modular BIOS in tab menu form as we like to call it, it resembles the same BIOS look as the Intel desktop boards. Under the Advanced tab you get your overclocking options in the Jumperfree menu which is the same setup as the older boards.
FSB Frequency: 200 - 800 in 1MHz Increments
PCIE Frequency: 100 - 150 in 1MHz Increments
CPU Voltage: 1.1v to 2.4v in 0.0125v increments
CPU PLL voltage: 1.1v to 3.0v in 0.02v increments
Northbridge voltage: 1.25v to 2.05v in 0.02v increments
DRAM Voltage: 1.8v to 3.40v in 0.02v Increments
FSB Termination Voltage: 1.2v to 2.0v in 0.02v increments
Southbridge Voltage: 1.05v to 1.225v in 0.05v increments
SB 1.5 Voltage: 1.5v to 2.05v in 0.05v increments
With our overclocking results, we were extremely impressed with ASUS' DDR2 X48 offering. While we have seen better overclocking boards using DDR3 compared to DDR2 offerings based on the same chipset, ASUS has managed to squeeze every last drop out of the Rampage Formula to get a healthy 525MHz FSB. Thanks to its GTL ratio adjustments we were able to get this speed extremely stable; way to go ASUS.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking, or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Low-end Switch to replace 3DS handheld
- Death Stranding isn't in testing phases yet
- Valve wants to use your brain as a controller
- Two new Nintendo Switch models to release around summer 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11: Noob Saibot/Shang Tsung added to roster
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Global web designing
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Numskull Designs proudly reveals: Official Mortal Kombat Klassic merchandise
- Akuto: Showdown - fast-paced arena brawler game with swords and guns
- Creative Destruction and Transformers' Bumblebee Team Up for In-Game Event Arriving March 28
- Corpse Party: Sweet Sachiko's Hysteric Birthday Bash Invites You to Celebrate When it Releases April 10 on PC
- PUBG Mobile Reveals Its 2019 eSports Plans Which Will Feature A Prize Pool of $2.5 million USD