ASUS' BIOS design has not changed. Using the Award Modular BIOS in tab menu form as we like to call it, it resembles the same BIOS look as the Intel desktop boards. Under the Advanced tab you get your overclocking options in the Jumperfree menu which is the same setup as the older boards.
FSB Frequency: 200 - 800 in 1MHz Increments
PCIE Frequency: 100 - 150 in 1MHz Increments
CPU Voltage: 1.1v to 2.4v in 0.0125v increments
CPU PLL voltage: 1.1v to 3.0v in 0.02v increments
Northbridge voltage: 1.25v to 2.05v in 0.02v increments
DRAM Voltage: 1.8v to 3.40v in 0.02v Increments
FSB Termination Voltage: 1.2v to 2.0v in 0.02v increments
Southbridge Voltage: 1.05v to 1.225v in 0.05v increments
SB 1.5 Voltage: 1.5v to 2.05v in 0.05v increments
With our overclocking results, we were extremely impressed with ASUS' DDR2 X48 offering. While we have seen better overclocking boards using DDR3 compared to DDR2 offerings based on the same chipset, ASUS has managed to squeeze every last drop out of the Rampage Formula to get a healthy 525MHz FSB. Thanks to its GTL ratio adjustments we were able to get this speed extremely stable; way to go ASUS.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking, or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next-gen Vega: made on 12nm FinFET, coming in 2018
- $150 copy of NBA 2K18 costs half of Switch console price
- Xbox's Phil Spencer promoted to vice president of gaming
- HTC ceases stock trading, takeover likely
- Broker: Nintendo to sell 130 million Switch by 2020
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower