ASUS' BIOS design has not changed. Using the Award Modular BIOS in tab menu form as we like to call it, it resembles the same BIOS look as the Intel desktop boards. Under the Advanced tab you get your overclocking options in the Jumperfree menu which is the same setup as the older boards.
FSB Frequency: 200 - 800 in 1MHz Increments
PCIE Frequency: 100 - 150 in 1MHz Increments
CPU Voltage: 1.1v to 2.4v in 0.0125v increments
CPU PLL voltage: 1.1v to 3.0v in 0.02v increments
Northbridge voltage: 1.25v to 2.05v in 0.02v increments
DRAM Voltage: 1.8v to 3.40v in 0.02v Increments
FSB Termination Voltage: 1.2v to 2.0v in 0.02v increments
Southbridge Voltage: 1.05v to 1.225v in 0.05v increments
SB 1.5 Voltage: 1.5v to 2.05v in 0.05v increments
With our overclocking results, we were extremely impressed with ASUS' DDR2 X48 offering. While we have seen better overclocking boards using DDR3 compared to DDR2 offerings based on the same chipset, ASUS has managed to squeeze every last drop out of the Rampage Formula to get a healthy 525MHz FSB. Thanks to its GTL ratio adjustments we were able to get this speed extremely stable; way to go ASUS.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking, or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefront II microtransaction removal: 'no impact' to EA
- 4K 60FPS capture card handles Xbox One X, costs $400
- Legislators: Battlefront II is a Star Wars online casino
- Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age breaks 1 million sales
- Square Enix explains why it cut off Hitman dev
- I7-6700k, Gigabyte Aorus Z270X K7, Undervolt1.160
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Motherboard Review
- Outstanding Design and Performance - Deep Look into New MSI GE63VR 7RF Raider
- Mean:It 5PM ARC Blue Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ