Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 (Supplied by Intel)
Motherboard: MSI X38 Diamond (Supplied by MSI Computer)
Memory: 2x 1GB DDR2-1200 (Supplied by Winchip)
Graphics Card: ASUS HD 3870 TOP (Supplied by ASUS)
Cooling: GIGABYTE 3D Galaxy II (Supplied by GIGABYTE)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate
Drivers: Intel INF 18.104.22.1689, ForceWare 163.21
HD Tune Pro
Version and / or Patch Used: 3.00
Developer Homepage: http://www.efdsoftware.com/
Product Homepage: http://www.hdtune.com/>
HD Tune is a Hard Disk utility which has the following functions:
- Benchmark: measures the performance
- Info: shows detailed information
- Health: checks the health status by using SMART
- Error Scan: scans the surface for errors
- Temperature display
HD Tune Pro gives us accurate read, write and access time results and for the last couple of years has been gaining popularity amongst reviewers. It is now considered a must have application for storage device testing.
Read and Write Tests
As you can see, the USB interface really puts a hurting on the Western Digital Raptor. The eSATA version should not have this problem so I am not going to harp on the slow down too much, but this should give you an idea of how your drive should perform in the USB-only model. Nearly all SATA and SATA II drives are faster than the BlacX can perform with USB, so no matter what drive you use this is the read speed you should see, or at least close to it.
The write speed is nearly identical to the read speeds. This is also due to the USB interface; eSATA would be much faster.
The Thermaltake BlacX is fast enough to quickly drop a drive in and access, just like an old Atari game. The transfer speeds are fast enough to play a full resolution DVD without dropping frames or stuttering. Being able to just drop a drive in to access your data in less than 10 seconds is awesome, I have no idea why this wasn't invented before now.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Thermaltake BlacX USB]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter World devs have no plans for Nintendo Switch
- God of War confirmed release date and new story trailer
- AMD appoints fresh blood to Radeon team
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- PUBG to ban over 100,000 cheaters in one single wave
- Intel 760P 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top