TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
This was a first for me, and the results were tested multiple times with the results being the same each time. On our TECC test system the ZEROtherm cools the CPU better at full load than idle! The reason why will become apparent further down when we see what the fan is actually doing.
The idle temperatures are average for enthusiast coolers we've tested previously, but the load temps are top notch. This is actually the second lowest load temp we have seen so far; the only cooler that has produced a better load number is the Sunbeam Core-Contact Freezer.
The acoustic test shows us why the load and idle temperatures are so far from "normal". At 7 volts, a typical PWM voltage for the idle state, the fan produces only 41 dB, but when simulating a load environment with 12 volts the fan climes to 59 dB. At the high 50's, low 60's mark the cooler is still quiet, but not HTPC quiet. In a traditional enthusiast system or even one built for a semi-quiet, computer room environment, the ZEROtherm ZEN FZ 120 will not produce noticeable noise over other components or the background environment.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft isn't supportive of Japanese games, says NIS
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz