A Closer Look
Also included is a USB cable to allow you to connect the unit to your PC and program it. To do this you will need to visit Logitech's website and download the latest software, then follow the on-screen prompts to configure the remote with your home theater equipment. The tool uses a large and constantly updating database online to pre-program in as many of the remote functions as possible. If a device cannot be found in the database it will ask you for a remote control in order to start programming typical functions for the device type.
After charging the remote up, it's time for it to make some friends. After installing the software we are required to log in or create an account; this will keep your remote settings in a Logitech database online so that it always knows what you have.
Next, you plug the remote control into the PC using the supplied USB cable, and the program then checks and updates the software/firmware on the remote if required. Following this, you are prompted to add devices to your list which really couldn't be any easier.
My first problem with the remote here is the text box input of model numbers; sometimes it doesn't always get it right and it would be nice to have the option of a drop down list of model numbers/names to pick from, should it not find the device. I would assume that this has already been considered as programmers like myself love drop-down boxes; it stops the end users from breaking things!
You select a device type, then a brand/manufacturer and then in the text box next to it you type the model number/name. The software queries the online database of products, matches the model based on your selections and input, and if it finds a definite match it will automatically select it. If it cannot find a match then it will ask if you have the original remote control for the device. It will then walk you through programming the remote with the functions of the original remote based on the type of device you select. (So for a TV; Power on, Power off, Channel up/down, Volume etc.)
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Low-end Switch to replace 3DS handheld
- Death Stranding isn't in testing phases yet
- Valve wants to use your brain as a controller
- Two new Nintendo Switch models to release around summer 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11: Noob Saibot/Shang Tsung added to roster
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Global web designing
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Numskull Designs proudly reveals: Official Mortal Kombat Klassic merchandise
- Akuto: Showdown - fast-paced arena brawler game with swords and guns
- Creative Destruction and Transformers' Bumblebee Team Up for In-Game Event Arriving March 28
- Corpse Party: Sweet Sachiko's Hysteric Birthday Bash Invites You to Celebrate When it Releases April 10 on PC
- PUBG Mobile Reveals Its 2019 eSports Plans Which Will Feature A Prize Pool of $2.5 million USD