Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 @ 2.66GHz
Cooling: Stock cooling
Motherboard(s): MSI X48 Platinum (Supplied by MSI)
Graphics Card(s): MSI Radeon HD 3870 X2 (Supplied by MSI)
Memory: 2 X 2GB Patriot DDR3-1666 (Supplied by Patriot)
Hard Disk(s): Seagate 320GB 7200RPM SATA-2 7200.10 (Supplied by Seagate)
Operating System: Windows Vista Ultimate SP1
Drivers: ATI Catalyst 8.3
With the Lite-On DX-401S in hand along with our trusty Pioneer DVR-212 DVD burner, it's time to see how the drives compare against each other.
One thing that is worth noting is that the Pioneer DVR-212 drive is an internal SATA drive while the Lite-On DX-401S is a USB 2.0 drive. While USB 2.0 has come a long way, it's not quite the same as having the drive connected directly to the motherboards SATA port.
Nero DiscSpeed 4
In our first test we check out the access times, as you can see for our BR media the access time is actually better than our DVD with the 25GB able to edge out the 50GB disc. Comparing DVD to DVD between the two drives, we can see the access times are very similar between the two.
As you would expect, the burst rate from the Pioneer SATA drive is the highest of the two, but the USB 2.0 Lite-On BR ROM does manage to hold itself together without any dramas.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Drive and Specifications]
- Page 4 [Test System and Nero Disc Speed]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard