Patriot has managed to impress us on a number of occasions, and the new Viper Fin DDR3 memory is extremely impressive to say the least. In fact, it managed to achieve some pretty high scores while keeping the voltages at the moderate level. Most boards will be able to supply 1.9v to the DDR3 memory bus without much effort, but it's when we need beyond 2v that we start to see things getting interesting. Cooling needs to be improved and the boards get a bit more selective.
The Viper Fin modules were extremely well designed for the cooling aspect; while we didn't have our temperature gun on hand for this review (it arrived after testing), the touch test at full load when overclocked was extremely good as it was only mildly warm. With good case flow these modules will cool themselves quite nicely.
As for price and availability, at the time of the review we weren't able to find many vendors with these modules, but they should start to appear pretty soon. As for price, they are on the high side, but for modules of this speed caliber, you're naturally going to pay a premium.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia set back until May 3
- $60,000 worth of GPUs power Unreal Engine ray tracing demo
- Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset announced for June 5th
- A Way Out official PC requirements released, launch trailer
- Dark Souls Remastered leaked images, Solaire amiibo spotted
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit