DDR3 memory is Intel's latest trump card for its Core 2 line-up. DDR3 has become known as the next evolution in memory speed; not only does it run at lower voltages than DDR2 modules, but it is also able to scale much further than DDR2 can dream of.
So far AMD has held off on the adoption of DDR3 memory into its line of CPUs, and this is because of the fact that a totally new CPU and motherboard would be needed due to the nature of the AMD memory controller placed on the CPU itself. It will take a little while longer before we see DDR3 and AMD as a combo. Until recently, only Intel P35, X38 and X48 chipsets were available to support DDR3. Now NVIDIA has joined the ranks of supporting DDR3 with the nForce 790i series of chipsets. This now gives users the option of DDR3 memory along with SLI support.
Patriot has been one of the newer companies to come on board at TweakTown to supply us with their high performance memory for testing, and so far we have been pretty impressed with their line of high performance memory. Once again they have come on board to send us their new series of DDR3 modules. Today we have Patriot's Viper Fin DDR3 2GB dual channel memory kit. How well does it work? Let's take a look'see.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- EA DICE cancels Battlefield V's upcoming 5v5 competitive mode
- Xbox games may arrive on Epic Store as well as Steam
- Gears 5's direct cosmetic monetization isn't 'ahead of the industry'
- Stan Lee's daughter blasts Disney for disrespecting father's legacy
- Denuvo DRM is coming to mobile phone games
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Team Group T-Force Cardea Liquid M.2 SSD Review
- Synology DS620slim Six-Bay SFF NAS Review
- LaCie Rugged RAID Shuttle Review
- ADATA Releases New MLC IESU317 External Solid State Drive and IUFU33B Flash Drive
- ADATA Launches TC500 AI Voice Translator
- Nokia appoints Gabriela Styf Sjoman as Chief Strategy Officer and member of the Nokia Group Leadership Team
- Fujitsu and Qualcomm Complete 5G Data Calls in Sub-6GHz and mmWave Spectrum Bands
- NEW LG K SERIES DESIGNED FOR ENHANCED MULTIMEDIA EXPERIENCE