If you have a side window and are worried about seeing wires and tubing all over the place, then the PURE is the cooler for you. CoolIT has designed their coolers to be more than just functional overclocking pieces by adding an aluminium shroud that covers up all of the parts that people don't care to see. The logo that is cut into the shroud even lights up when the system is activated, giving you the peace of mind knowing that your CPU is being cooled.
Surprisingly there are not a lot of wires running all over the place as you might have expected. Here you see that the pump is mounted to the radiator. The radiator is then mounted to a fan shroud and then to the fan. It is possible to mount the fan directly to the radiator and then attach the shroud or just eliminate the shroud completely depending on your case.
The electronics involved are taken care of by the small circuit board that is attached to the radiator.
Tubing is held secure with clamps that make it nearly impossible for the system to leak. Since everything is self contained there is no reason to break the seal.
The fan is a special application low noise unit that is designed to keep the system quiet. Adventurous types may want to add a more powerful fan for some extreme overclocking fun while others may look to silent fans to reduce noise. Either way, the option is available.
The system is pretty long; here we see the system on its end and the length involved. For a standard full or mid-tower the system is fine, but don't start planning on HTPC use without some modifications.
When the system is powered on, the two cut-outs come to life with a blue green glow.
From the factory the PURE comes with pre-applied heatsink compound.
With the compound removed we see the base is smoothed to a mirror surface that is very reflective. This will promote better contact with the CPU giving the processor a lower temperature.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Every character trailer for Soulcalibur VI/combat tutorial
- Job J Stauffer reveals his experience working at Rockstar
- Fox flies Starlink: Battle for Atlas onto Nintendo Switch
- Ubisoft release For Honor 'Marching Fire' gameplay trailer
- Spider-Man 'The Heist' DLC adds 3 suits, October 23rd launch
- Inland Processional 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Gen 3 Review
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam