The difference between the XiR-2300 and XiR-3500 is in the cooling fins on top. Here you can see that the 3500 has copper fins where the heat is dumped into the air inside of the case.
On the side we see the fins and how thin they are. Note the aluminium heatsink on the bottom, just above the heatpipes.
If you have seen one side you have seen them all.
Here we see the aluminium heatsink that rests above the fins. When the air passes through the fin area it blows on these fins and aids in cooling the processor.
On top we found the same fan used on the XiR-2300. The fan lights up with two orange LEDs and is recessed inside of the copper.
I found the wire for the XiR-3500 to be long enough to connect to any of the motherboard fan headers if needed. Since all boards keep the CPU fan header close to the CPU, Nexus has included a small piece of heat shrink tubing so you can tuck the extra wire away.
The business side of the heatsink looks just as good as everything we have seen so far. The cooler has a mirror finish and will make very good contact with the CPU.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dynasty Warriors 9 dev apologizes for major PC patch delay
- Assassin's Creed Origins New Game+ beaten, reward revealed
- Overwatch League Streams on Twitch can earn in-game rewards
- Far Cry 5 detail the dog Boomer, mans best friend
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance sells 1 million copies in 1 month
- Ryzen (1000-Series) Overclocking Guide
- For Sale (40 Pieces) Apple iPhone X 64GB $17,960 Brand New Unlocked
- Apple iPhone X $999 Buy here www.BizFests.com
- Corsair Obsidian 500D Premium Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Seagate IronWolf 12TB HDD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit