While the performance numbers aren't exactly stellar, upon pulling the card out of the box and being greeted with that native HDMI port, this card just screamed HTPC. GDDR2 1GB cards actually come in cheaper than GDDR3 512MB ones, so it's not like you're paying more for worse performance.
GDDR2 is really becoming a bit old for gaming graphics cards. The lack of speed available on the memory means that we end up with some pretty dismal results.
The last time we looked at a Diamond graphics card we were quite impressed, but this HD 3650 is a bit lack luster with poor performance and a very limited package. Personally I think that Diamond should have chosen to include a HDMI cable with the bundle and market it as more of a HTPC card.
Its single slot design and decent noise levels mean it would be a good addition for a HTPC.
The Diamond HD 3650 1GB isn't a bad card, it's just nothing all that great. These amounts of memory should really be reserved for only the highest end of cards. Dropping back to 512MB and adding a bit more of a bundle could have meant that the price would be similar and performance almost identical.
The higher end Diamond stuff is exciting, but unfortunately a card like this one with a minimal bundle doesn't have a lot to offer people.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Enemy Territory: Quake Wars]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield V goes GOLD, with DICE prepared for November 19
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- onboard LAN MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 after BIOS update
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam