Upon opening the box I immediately noticed that the board had an attractive dark red PCB. Although you won't really see the PCB unless you have some sort of case window, it is still a welcome change from the regular light brown or green PCBs we are used to seeing. The 4VPX266A features 3 DDR DIMM slots, 5 PCI slots, 1 AGP4x slot and an ACR slot. The P4X266 chipset supports 3.3v AGP2x devices however, the ACorp 4VPX266A only supports 1.5v AGP4x devices. This means that you will not be able to use a 3.3v AGP2x device, such as the 3dfx Voodoo 5 if you decide to purchase the 4VPX266A. ACorp decided to include an onboard VIA 10/100 ethernet controller on the 4VPX266A instead of onboard sound.
VIA 10/100 LAN Controller
Unlike the AV40, The 4VPX266A's FDD header is well placed. However, its ATX connector is in a position that requires you to run the power cable over the top of the heatsink/fan unit, restricting airflow. The 4VPX266A's North Bridge is cooled by a green colored, passive heatsink. Although not as robust as the AV40's North Bridge cooling solution, the passive heatsink was more than sufficient.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pre-order Dead Cells now on Switch, receive 20% discount
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate available at this years Evo 2018
- Sony teases 'Tombstone' villain inclusion for Spider-Man PS4
- The Hulk smashes into GTA V with new mod, download available
- Dragon Ball FighterZ for Switch, open beta starts next month
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit