Upon opening the box I immediately noticed that the board had an attractive dark red PCB. Although you won't really see the PCB unless you have some sort of case window, it is still a welcome change from the regular light brown or green PCBs we are used to seeing. The 4VPX266A features 3 DDR DIMM slots, 5 PCI slots, 1 AGP4x slot and an ACR slot. The P4X266 chipset supports 3.3v AGP2x devices however, the ACorp 4VPX266A only supports 1.5v AGP4x devices. This means that you will not be able to use a 3.3v AGP2x device, such as the 3dfx Voodoo 5 if you decide to purchase the 4VPX266A. ACorp decided to include an onboard VIA 10/100 ethernet controller on the 4VPX266A instead of onboard sound.
VIA 10/100 LAN Controller
Unlike the AV40, The 4VPX266A's FDD header is well placed. However, its ATX connector is in a position that requires you to run the power cable over the top of the heatsink/fan unit, restricting airflow. The 4VPX266A's North Bridge is cooled by a green colored, passive heatsink. Although not as robust as the AV40's North Bridge cooling solution, the passive heatsink was more than sufficient.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion countdown date
- God of War Special Edition runes translated, see the truth
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia new cinematic trailer
- Netflix's The Witcher TV show confirms 8 ep first season
- Brave Software lands deal with Dow Jones Media Group
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit