Without a doubt, we are seeing a renaissance in interesting peripherals for games. The TRIMON 3D monitor is one of them, and it may be the most revolutionary of all. Nothing else works from a PC without the visual stimulus to capture your attention that all good games can do. With the best graphics cards, the most RAM, or the fastest CPU, none of those matter unless you can actually see the results on a screen. So I say, why not see those results on a 3D screen? It takes you to the next level. Sadly however, the experience is not the same for each individual, and while I think it's great, my neighbour might not. Still, it's a step in the right direction.
With so many games out in the marketplace, and everything starting to look average again, perhaps the third dimension is the place to go to get that juiced up thrill. Perhaps the immersion as the game takes shape in the air in front of you will give the adrenaline junkie armchair bandits a run for their money?
Up until this point in time, PC games have always been on the cutting edge of graphics, allowing PC hardware manufacturers to continually pump out bigger, better, faster products, and in some instances hotter products too. While this is very bad for the environment, and global warming as a whole, the advanced development of technology has a mind and will of its own, without which, most of us gamers just wouldn't be satisfied.
The technology being implemented by NVIDIA and expressed with the TRIMON monitor is in its infancy in the mainstream, and already it is giving me goose flesh. Playing Crysis in 3D has made the game 10x more appealing. On the other hand, watching a few films with the 3D interlaced textures, and I come away with a dull headache. So where do I draw the line and say it's this good? Honestly I don't know. I think each user will have his or her own opinion about it. What will be clear is if you own one of these beauties, you will find some reason to love it.
Also something to consider is that while the drivers are still young, you can bet that with enough support, NVIDIA are going to pump out newer drivers as they do with every graphics card release. It's a perfect opportunity for them to get good branding and maintain market share.
In a nutshell, the TRIMON wins our Editors Choice award because of its wonderful innovative vision (I had to say it) and the effect it will have as it pushes the gaming and entertainment experience we have on our PCs to the next level. Well done Zalman, and a special thanks to Brian Kim for the excellent support.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Zalman's Rise to Fame]
- Page 3 [Rise of the Glorious TRIMON]
- Page 4 [The Bundle]
- Page 5 [TRIMON Specifications]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Team17 announce New Game+ for Overcooked 2
- Dark Souls Remastered arrives on the Nintendo Switch Oct 19
- Samsung's new GDDR6 should power next-gen GeForce RTX 2080
- Resident Evil 2 Premium Edition costs a huge $900
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX overclocked to 6GHz with LN2
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market