The 9800 GTX looks good as always, but with word coming that NVIDIA are already talking about the 9900 series, you have to wonder how many people are going to jump on the bandwagon.
As usual, the ASUS offerings carry with them a slight premium over other models, but the extra year warranty, CD Wallet and other pieces of software that ASUS include might be enough for you to spend the extra few dollars.
Dual GPU cards are good, but they still aren't the most practical solution. This is especially the case when you compare a card like the GTX which comes in at about 30% cheaper and its ability to stay on the tail or outperform the dual GPU based cards in some situations.
Hopefully ASUS decide to mix it up in the near future with the release of a TOP model, which will not only carry with it higher clocks speeds but hopefully a full version game as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR)]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Enemy Territory: Quake Wars]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR) - XP]
- Page 18 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 19 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]