Setup and Technical Overview
Setting up these speakers is no different to any other analog 5.1 system, you simply match the colours up when connecting the speakers and also from the sub to the sound card or on-board audio terminals if that's your suit. There are also wall mount options included in the package.
Looking at the dimensions now; the Subwoofer - (H) 12.75" x (W) 9.25" x (D) 10.00", Satellites - (H) 7.00" x (W) 3.50" x (D) 2.50", Center Satellite - (H) 4.75" x (W) 5.25" (D) 2.50". Each tall speaker is shielded and features a fixed rear cable which terminates in an RCA plug at the rear of the sub unit.
The right speaker contains the volume and fade controls along with the power button. The sub is made from an MDF box coated in plastic or vinyl. It is of the front firing bass reflex breed and also features two small bass ports.
Bass control is on the rear of the unit, via a very small and tricky knob. The system's power figures are as follows; 51 watts total RMS Satellites - 6 watts/ch x 5 @ 4 ohm - 10% THD. Sub woofer - 21 watts @ 4 ohm - 10% THD. Unfortunately there are no figures given for the system's frequency response, which is interesting as it is quite the norm these days.
Okay then, now that we have a picture of what we're dealing with, it's time to delve into the performance side of things. As usual, I will be taking on the system's musical prowess initially, and then will move onto other areas subsequently.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- Star Wars: Battlefront II campaign will be robust
- EKWB release RGB monoblock for ASUS X399 motherboards
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard