I don't like being biased, so I will be upfront about this. I love PowerDVD. I've used the program ever since I bought a DVD burner in 2002, when they were around $800. A few years ago, I had some kind of PC issue where PowerDVD wouldn't run because there were some conflicting graphics card issues, so I was forced to use rival program Intervideo WinDVD for about 5 minutes; and look, I know many of you guys like it, but I didn't. So I formatted the PC rather than live without PowerDVD.
So last month I get myself a Blu-ray ROM drive, a Lite-On LH-2B1S to be exact, and I ended up finding a few incompatibilities with a few discs whilst running PowerDVD 7. So I was suitably annoyed. But lo and behold, only a mater of days later I receive a press release from CyberLink announcing PowerDVD 8. Let's dive in and see what improvements have been made, and if those incompatibilities have been rectified.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Free-to-play made 80% of 2018 digital game revenues
- IO Interactive opens Swedish studio to work on new franchise
- New Dragon Ball Z action RPG in development
- Resident Evil 2 Remake demo impressions
- Ghostbusters 3 set for Summer 2020, teaser trailer released
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Nokia's Service Operations Center powers Telefonica UK's drive towards customer-centric operations
- Black Desert Online's Battle Royale mode enters Early Access today
- Roblox hires British online safety expert Laura Higgins to lead new digital civility initiative
- HyperX Announces 2019 We're All Gamers Ad Campaign Including Celebrity Influencers Post Malone, Gordon Hayward, Joel Embiid, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Pokimane, Shroud, Daigo, De'Aaron Fox and Rush
- Macrotis: A Mother's Journey Releases this upcoming February 8th!