Moving onto the card we can see that ASUS have chosen to use their own aftermarket cooler. We have quite a large fan in the center of the card hovering over the GPU with a number of fins to let the air out.
The right of the card also shows us a funky little heatsink for some of the hotter parts on the card.
Looking around the card you can see we have a pretty standard looking 8800 series card. The rear of the card gives us a single PCI Express power connector while the top shows us a single SLI connector.
As you would expect, the I/O side of things is also very standard with two DVI connectors along with our single TV-Out connector.
We don't know a whole lot about the 8800GS, but as usual GPU-Z does a good job of giving us the low-down on the card. The core comes in clocked at 600MHz which gives us a 1700MHz shader clock. The 384MB of GDDR3 comes clocked in at 1800MHz DDR. We have a 192-bit bus width (hence the reason for the weird memory amount - 12 ROPs and 96 shaders. As you can see below :-
It's based on the G92 core which is based on 65nm technology.
Compared to the 9600GT which comes with 16 ROPS, 64 shaders, 256-bit bus width and 512MB of memory it should sit just behind the 9600GT as far as performance goes.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Enemy Territory: Quake Wars]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR) - XP]
- Page 17 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]