One of the most unique features the KR7A offers is ATA133 support through a Highpoint HPT372 RAID controller. Although there isn't many ATA133 hard drives available at the moment, this is a great inclusion for those of you that are looking to keeping this board for a while. In case some of you may be wandering, the ATA133 controller is backwards compatible with older ATA 66/100 drives. Unfortunately, I could not test ATA133 performance, as an ATA133 hard drive was not available at the time.
The KR7A features a set of three diagnostic LEDs, located next to the IDE connectors. These will help you troubleshoot any problems that may arise with the board. The KR7A's northbridge is cooled by the traditional heatsink/fan unit that we are used to seeing on Abit motherboards. Although an active cooler on the northbridge is not necessary, it will insure stable operation at all times.
The only complaint I have is that there was no inclusion of an AGP retention mechanism. This could come in handy if you transport your PC often and don't want to worry about your video card slipping out of place. Other than this, there are not many other features that I have not already discussed in the layout section.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 1's Operation Campaigns are now FREE
- LG's G7 development halted, LG starting over from scratch
- Super Meat Boy is a success on Switch
- Final Fantasy XV on PC will support mods
- Final Fantasy XV PC specs, release date announced
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series