We are now able to find out what kind of power is being used by our test system and the associated graphics cards installed. Keep in mind; it tests the complete system (minus LCD monitor, which is plugged directly into an AC wall socket).
There are a few important notes to remember though; while our maximum power is taken in 3DMark06 at the same exact point, we have seen in particular tests the power being drawn as much as 10% more. We test at the exact same stage every time; therefore tests should be very consistent and accurate.
The other thing to remember is that our test system is bare minimum - only a 7,200RPM SATA-II single hard drive is used without CD-ROM or many cooling fans.
So while the system might draw 400 watts in our test system, placing it into your own PC with a number of other items, the draw is going to be higher.
Power usage of the GIGABYTE board was done without DES enabled. Even without it, at idle and load we see the GIGABYTE board working easier then both MSI and ASUS.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Box and what's Inside]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 2142]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Amazon Prime price will increase to $119 in May
- Pokemon Switch RPG listed as 2018 or later
- Nintendo sold 15 million Switch consoles in FY2017
- Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima to step down
- Bandai Namco release 1080p New Gundam Breaker screenshots
- ASUS STRIX H370-I GAMING (Intel H370) Motherboard Review
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit