Moving onto the card itself, the cooler isn't just a slight variation to the stock one, but a completely new design which carries with it two fans. A black shroud covers the whole card and to the left we can see the word DUAL.
If you look closely in between the fan fins you can see the copper piping and aluminum fins that help keep the card cool. The overall design of the cooler looks good and should prove to be efficient when it comes to cooling the multiple GPUs embedded to the card.
While the cooler might be different, the PCB layout is what you would expect. Moving around the card the back has two PCI Express power connectors; one is a 6-Pin which we're used to seeing and the other is the more obscure 8-Pin that only AMD choose to use.
There's also the single Crossfire connector across the top of the card which since this month can now be made use of.
Like we saw mentioned on the front of the box, we have four DVI connectors in the I/O department. Apart from the four DVI ports we also have a single TV-Out port. As you can see, one of the DVI ports is yellow which helps identify which port to use if you're choosing to use the DVI to HDMI adapter that's included in the package.
The ASUS HD 3870 X2 carries with it the standard clocks as you can see in the below screenshot.
A TOP model is offered, though we don't see that here today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR)]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Enemy Territory: Quake Wars]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 12 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR) - XP]
- Page 18 [Sound Tests]
- Page 19 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]