Four screws (located just to the inside of the mounting screws for the stand) are removed to gain access to the inside. Once the screws are out, the tray slides easily from the aluminum housing. Of note here is that the tray mounting studs are not centered on this component so it will only install one way. While it can be placed into the housing backwards, one end will be sticking out so it is easy to make sure you assemble it properly.
Two more small screws allow access to the inside of the tray unit. This is the heart of the control panel of the device and also allows you to get you're your hard drive up and running. Just remove the ventilation end cap and slide your SATA drive into place. The slots you can see to along the edges of the bottom plate will be used to secure your drive into place.
Above is a closer look at the PCB used in this product. From this angle you can also see that the hard drive is connected directly into the board and no ribbon cables are used. This will mean less junk to get in the way of air flowing through the unit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Breath of the Wild Link joins Mario Kart 8 Deluxe roster
- Dragon Ball Super: Broly Movie Trailer revealed at Comic-Con
- New story trailer released for Insomniac Games' Spider-Man
- Ghost Recon Wildlands adds permadeath with 'Ghost Mode'
- Razer making Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite arcade sticks
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit