The cooler! I have to talk about the cooler because when I saw it, the thing really did nothing for me. When we tested it though, the thing performed like an absolute champion; not only was it able to cool better than the aftermarket option that Galaxy used, but it also came in with some great noise levels.
It just goes to show that sometimes it isn't all about looks when it comes to coolers. MSI have just announced a 1GB version of the 9600GT and it uses the same cooler, so hopefully we will have the card in our hands sooner rather than later to see what a 1GB 9600GT is capable of.
It's good to see a DVI to HDMI adapter included in the package along with the necessary cabling to get sound with it included in the bundle. There's no game included in the package, but that doesn't really seem like a huge deal.
MSI have done a great job with the 9600GT; the overclock on the memory and the core are very healthy. and this is what pretty much gives it the lead over the HD 3870 consistently, bar very few situations.
This is one 9600GT that impresses us and would sit up there with the Zotac and Palit as far as my personal favorites. The Zotac has a mean overclock and performs great, but with the choice to use the stock cooler it isn't the most efficient. Palit has a huge amount of connectivity with some excellent clockspeeds on tap, but its aftermarket cooler while doing an excellent job at cooling is also one of the louder ones on the market.
The MSI offering is quite and cools extremely well; the clocks are good and you get HDMI with sound in the bundle. It's a great card that sits up there with the best of them.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR)]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Enemy Territory: Quake Wars]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 12 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR) - XP]
- Page 18 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 19 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV PC specs, release date announced
- Co-op platformer Super Chariot coming to the Nintendo Switch
- SEGA launch mystery game reveal countdown website
- Single-player AAA game production costs increase by 10x
- Sony makes sign-ups for PS4 v5.50 firmware beta available
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series