Since we don't have a full retail package there isn't all that much to talk about. We did get all the standard cables that comes in the bundle though, so we will quickly have a peak at that.
Included in the package is two Molex to PCI Express connectors, two DVI to VGA connectors, HDTV Out cable, Crossfire connector and the standard Driver CD. As far extras go the only thing that is included that we don't see all the time is the single DVI to HDMI connector.
Using the standard reference design there isn't a whole lot to look at on the front. The cooler stretches from one end of the card and goes all the way to the other. Sapphire has of course included its own sticker on the cooler.
Looking around the card we have the two power connectors that sit towards the back. One is a 6-pin connector that we're pretty used to seeing and the other is the 8-pin one that we saw on the HD 2900 XT.
There is also a single Crossfire connector across the top. Fortunately we now have a use for it with the release of the Catalyst 8.3 driver and Crossfire X support.
The I/O side of things is also pretty run of the mill with two Dual Link DVI connectors and a single TV-Out port. The card takes up two slots as you would expect.
There isn't too much to say about this standard card that we haven't said before. It would have been nice to see extra DVI ports or maybe some other connectivity on it like what GECUBE came up with, but ultimately the card's probably going to do everything you want out of the box so there's no real reason to complain.
While Sapphire has some pretty cool overclocked cards, this is unfortunately not one of them. The Sapphire HD 3870 X2 we have here today carries the standard clocks which come in at 800MHz on the core and 1800MHz DDR on the 1GB of GDDR3 memory.
The clocks on the HD 3870 X2 and the whole dual core thing is already pretty impressive in itself, so overclocking on the card out of the box isn't a huge deal.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package & Card]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Enemy Territory: Quake Wars]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 11 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR) - XP]
- Page 17 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Luigi's Balloon World/new outfits for Super Mario Odyssey
- Nintendo Switch adds another 18 new games in a week
- Paladins remove their loot box system after community uproar
- New Battlefield title will be available at EA PLAY 2018
- Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Trilogy coming to Nintendo Switch
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Ryzen (1000-Series) Overclocking Guide
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit