It doesn't come as any surprise to us that when you look at the card, the massive Arctic Cooling Accelero S2 cooler takes up the majority of the card. We can see the two copper pipes that come out of the heatsink and move throughout the fins.
When you pull the card out of the box there is a sticker that sits over the top of the cooler which continues to tell you about the features of the cooler along with a big warning that tells you to remove the sticker before installation.
Peaking around the card there isn't anything out of the ordinary with the PCI-E power connector sitting at the rear of the card.
Like all other 9600GT models, it also has with it a single SLI connector. The problem is that with the size of the cooler you can't actually make any use of it! - Just to the side of the cooler we have a little white connector that is used to carry the sound to the DVI port if you're making use of the DVI to HDMI connector.
Finally, we find ourselves at the I/O side of things; as usual there isn't anything out of the ordinary here. We have two Dual Link DVI connectors and a TV-Out port. While the card does take up two slots, it only uses the single backplate.
While the normal 9600GT carries with it a 650MHz core clock, 1625MHz shader clock and 1800MHz DDR memory clock, you can see in the picture below that ECS has upped this.
The core has increased slightly to 680MHz, the shader clock has followed by going to 1728MHz and the memory gets a slight increase to 1850MHz DDR.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:26 pm CDT
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR)]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Enemy Territory: Quake Wars]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 12 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR) - XP]
- Page 18 [Temperature Tests]
- Page 19 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]