As far as silent options go for the 9600GT, there really isn't anything else to look at apart from this particular model from ECS. Sure, you could turn around and buy the Accelero S2 cooler separately for your card, but there is just something about not voiding warranty that people enjoy.
The fact that ECS has also been able to crank up the clocks slightly provides added appeal. Generally speaking, it was faster than the overclocked 9600GT from Galaxy which carries with it active cooling.
The bundle tends to be a bit on the light side of things, but it's clear that you're paying for the aftermarket cooler rather than some game that you're probably not interested in playing anyway.
The only real problem you're going to be running into is finding the card; it seems to be hard to track down, not only in the United States but also locally here in Australia.
ECS have made a decent product here, but the trouble in finding one even a few weeks after the launch of the 9600GT is a little disappointing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR)]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Enemy Territory: Quake Wars]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 12 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR) - XP]
- Page 18 [Temperature Tests]
- Page 19 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]